This is one of the best and easiest ways to check your SASSA R350 status. In fact, you are reading this guide so you are already using this method.
So what do you need to do to check SASSA status? Here are the steps for the grant and check the status of your application:
- Visit the Sassa SRD website https://srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Enter your mobile number inside the box.
- Click on “Send SMS”.
- You will receive an SMS with OTP or Sassa status PIN.
- Enter your one-time password to get your SASSA status.
Keep this in mind. The payment date is not specified by authorities. However, you will get your grant cash for sure.
SRD Sassa Status Check on Moya App
Applicants have another online option for checking their Social Relief of Distress grant. They can use smartphone apps like Moya App.
- Install the Moya App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your smartphone.
- Open the Moya app and tap on the “Discovery” option.
- Now open the link “Application Status”.
- Here you need to enter your Sassa ID number and phone number.
- Now you will be redirected to the new page where your Sassa status will be available to check.
SASSA Status Check Via WhatsApp
Now the second method to check your SRD grant is using your WhatsApp account. This method is also very easy.
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Type “082 046 8553” and save this number as “SASSA status check”.
- Now open your WhatsApp account.
- Head over to create a new chat option to create a new conversation.
- Choose “SASSA status check” as the contact to start a chat.
- Now type your name, surname, and South African ID number in the message and send it.
- Now you will get your social grant status.
Check SRD R350 Grant Application Status Via Phone Call
The third and last method for the SRD status check of the SRD grant application status is through a phone call. Just follow these steps:
- Open your phone dialer.
- Dial 080 060 1011.
- Tell your ID number and get the status of your application.
- So these are the three methods for the Sassa status check and every applicant can choose to check the social relief grant application status.
SASSA Grant Results Meanings
If you are not familiar with the Sassa status meanings then check out the below table.
|Sassa Grant Status
|Sassa Status Pending
|This result means that your application is in progress or verification process.
|Sassa Status Declined
|This result means that your Sassa application is declined due to certain reasons.
|Identity Verification Failed
|This status means that your identity information did not match with the DHA (Department of Home Affairs) database.
|Bank Details Pending
|This result shows that your application is approved but you need to submit banking details to receive your grant payment.
|The results show that the beneficiary did not apply for reapplication.
|The result means that your Sassa R350 application is approved in the reapplication process. Now you will get your cash.
|Your application for Sassa is now cancelled. If you need to reinstate your payment then appeal for reinstatement now.
|Your application is received but Sassa will verify it and the verification is pending.
|This status means that your application is approved for the period and you will get your Sassa payment now.
|Your application is declined for this month only and you will get your payment from the next payment month.
The Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant in South Africa is administered by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). If you want to find out if your SRD money is available, you can use the following methods:
- SASSA Online Portal: SASSA may have an online portal where you can check the status of your SRD application and see if the money is available. Visit the official SASSA website and look for any online services or portals that allow you to check the status.
- Contact SASSA Helpline: You can contact the SASSA helpline to inquire about the status of your SRD application. The helpline numbers can be found on the official SASSA website or other official communications.
- Visit a SASSA Office: If you prefer in-person assistance, you can visit a local SASSA office. The staff there should be able to provide you with information on the availability of your SRD money and the status of your application.
- Check Correspondence: SASSA usually communicates with applicants through letters or messages. Check your mailbox, email, or any communication channels you provided during the application process for updates on the availability of your SRD money.
- Bank Notifications: If you provided banking details during your SRD application, check your bank account for any notifications or deposits from SASSA. The money may be transferred directly into your bank account if you opted for this payment method.
- Patience and Follow-Up: The processing time for SRD applications may vary, so it’s important to be patient. If you haven’t received any information or if you’re unsure about the status, follow up with SASSA through their helpline or local offices.
Remember to have your reference number or any other relevant details on hand when inquiring about the status of your SRD money. If your application is approved, the funds should be made available to you according to the payment method you selected during the application process.